I have been working in the cleaning world for a long time. Yes I have mostly worked in homes, but the one area I would never go back to is hotel cleaning. Even though it was for a very short 3-4 months of my life it was one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. They want you to clean as many rooms as they can fit on your list. Which gives you a max 20 minutes max per room. Which -I am sorry- to do all of the bedding and clean the bathroom properly you would need more time! I enjoy going to stay at B&B's myself for reasons you can guess.
The one skill that really sunk in for me was the bed making as you do this all day! Pulling and tucking the ends in tight. I now can make a bed in no time at all. Good luck getting in;)
I have found this is one area I now find second nature and forget that the girls I hire are not always as practiced in this area as I am. I do teach them but I really stress the scrubbing and shining over bedding. So it is an area I am coming back to. They can polish and scrub with great efficiency, so now we need to look at the other details of our job.
QUICK AND EASY!
Tags always go on the bottom. With king sheets, the tags are on the left. With queen sheets, they're on the right. Marking the inside seams with a fabric marker to denote right or left corners can make life easier.
1. Pull mattress cover tight over all corners. Spread fitted sheet out over bed. Fit corners over mattress and smooth any lumps away.
2. Take your flat sheet and spread it over the bed with the fancy embroidery facing down. The top of the sheet should be even with the top of the mattress, the sides should be hanging down equally, you will want plenty of extra at the bottom to tuck into the mattress.
3. Pull tight and tuck sheet into end of the bed then fold and tuck bottom corners of flat sheet into bottom of mattress making triangles at the sides.
4. Spread blanket over flat sheet, checking to make sure it hangs equally on both sides. Tuck blanket into bottom of mattress or let it hand depending on frame.
5. Fold top of blanket and flat sheet over about 12-14”. Tuck the extra under mattress to keep flat.
6. Shake and fluff pillows and place at head of bed. (I find this the hardest part depending on how many pillows I am given. I know I have no creativity in this area)
You got it! TTYL!